Dorothea Coffee is a micro-roastery in Seattle dedicated to making specialty coffee simple. We believe that coffee is great but people are better. We strive to build strong relationships with our partners and patrons. We proudly source beans from Coffee Shrub, Red Fox, and Shared Source because they reliably bring in the best coffees the world has to offer — they seek out underappreciated producers and build relationships that strengthen with every season.
Dorothea’s name comes from the city Dorothea in Italo Calvino’s Invisible Cities:
“. . . but now I know this path is only one of the many that opened before me on that morning in Dorothea.”
Where to Find Us
- Chophouse Row in Seattle's Capitol Hill (Amandine Bakeshop & Marmite)
- Convoy Coffee's spot in Seattle's Pioneer Square or on their carts at farmer's markets around town.
- Little Lago in Seattle's Montlake neighborhood
- Juicebox Cafe in Seattle's Capitol Hill
- Ventoux Roasters in Seattle's Bryant neighborhood
- Goodkind Coffee in Lakewood, OH
- Elbe Junction in Elbe, WA (great stop on the way to Mt. Rainier!)
Conor is obsessed with two things: coffee and business, as vehicles for change. He started making coffee at 16 in a grocery store deli before moving into the specialty coffee realm at Stickman Coffee and then Zoka Coffee, with a stint at Theo Chocolate as well.
Ashley is the steady hand that keeps Dorothea focused. Foremost an educator and doula, she is intently focused on Dorothea’s place in the community: a space where neighbors come together and strong relationships are built.