Dorothea Coffee is a micro-roastery in Seattle dedicated to roasting good coffee. We strive to build strong relationships with our partners and patrons. We proudly source beans from a select few importers that reliably bring in the best coffees the world has to offer, seek out under-appreciated producers and build relationships that strengthen with every season.
Dorothea’s name comes from the city Dorothea in Italo Calvino’s Invisible Cities:
“. . . but now I know this path is only one of the many that opened before me on that morning in Dorothea.”
Where to Find Us
- Chophouse Row in Seattle's Capitol Hill (Amandine Bakeshop & Marmite)
- Convoy Coffee's spot in Seattle's Pioneer Square or on their carts at farmer's markets around town.
- Little Lago in Seattle's Montlake neighborhood
- Juicebox Cafe in Seattle's Capitol Hill
- Goodkind Coffee in Lakewood, OH
- Elbe Junction in Elbe, WA (great stop on the way to Mt. Rainier!)
Who we are:
Conor started making coffee at 16 in a grocery store deli before moving into the specialty coffee realm at Stickman Coffee and then Zoka Coffee and then a long detour at Theo Chocolate.
Ashley is foremost an educator and doula. She is intently focused on Dorothea’s place in the community: a space where neighbors come together and strong relationships are built.